1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. Because evolution is widely accepted, students should not be taught about intelligent design.
4. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
5. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
6. States should require voters to show photo identification and prove citizenship in order to register to vote or to cast a vote.
7. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
8. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
The primary role belongs to parents.
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Yes. Only to save the life of the mother.
13. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Our founding fathers knew that "that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights...That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed." They realized that if the government were too strong it could easily violate these unalienable rights.
14. List your six (6) most important political endorsements.
Governor Dave Heineman Congressman Lee Terry Nebraska State Senator (Incumbent) Abbie Cornett Mayor of Bellevue Rita Sanders Nebraska State Senator Tony Fulton Nebraska Lt. Governor Rick Sheehy
15. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court
16. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
Education: Master of Arts in Economics Bachelor of Business Administration Military: Currently a Major in the United States Air Force Reserves Served on Active Duty from 2000-2007 Veteran of Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom Occupation: Currently an Economics Instructor at Metropolitan Community College Currently serve on the Nebraska Judicial Resources Commission
17. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer.
Numerous Pro-life organizations - Volunteer and Contibutor Gospelink (Christian Missions Organization) - Contributor Sunday school teacher for adult education Lee Terry for Congress campaign - Chairman 2010 Disabled American Veterans - Contributor Veterans of Foreign Wars - Life Member American Legion - Member Nebraska Republican Party - Member