1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
The child's parents.
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
only if pregnancy threatens the life of the mother
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution,Congress,Voters. Declaration says "we are endowed by our creator with inalienable rights." Bill of Rights protects those God given rights. In a Republic, Congress makes decisions within those limitations held accountable by voters
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
As it says in Federalist Papers 51: "If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary." Since men are not angels, our system of checks and balances is designed to make sure no one person or group has absolute control.
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
I am a graduate, with honors, from Greensburg Community High School, Wabash College and Vanderbilt School of law. I have served as an elder at the First Presbyterian Church and as a Founding Chairman of Childshare, a faith ministry focused on getting churches engaged in fostercare. I am the current President and CEO of Hoosiers for Economic Growth, an education reform not-for-profit. I also a board member of the Indiana Foster Care Association.
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
I am the current President and CEO of Hoosiers for Economic Growth, an education reform not-for-profit. I also a board member of the Indiana Foster Care Association. I am an elder at my church and founder of Childshare. I am a former Member of the Indiana General Assembly and an Executive Director of the Indiana Republican Party.
17. Please list the six (6) most important endorsements (groups or individuals) of your current candidacy.
Endorsed by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce and more than 50 local elected and party officials throughout the district. In the Indiana General Assembly, I had a 100% voting record with Indiana Right to Life, an A rating with the NRA, and a 100% voting record with the NFIB, among others.