1. E-mail address for voters to reach you (for publication)
2. Phone number for voters to reach you (for publication)
3. If you are currently a judge, were you appointed or elected to that position?
Not a Judge
4. There are times when American judges should alter U.S. case law in order to comply with foreign case law.
5. Which current Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court best reflects your judicial philosophy?
6. Which of the following U.S. presidents best reflects your political philosophy?
7. In which partisan primary election did you most recently vote (e.g. Democratic, Republican, etc.)?
2014 Republican primary
8. If you have ever been a licensed attorney, what is or was the nature of your practice? (e.g., prosecutor, public defender, private practice, etc.) If in private practice, please specify the general area of practice such as criminal defense, family, contracts, property, environmental, etc.
Prosecutor. Also private practice: trial litigator, insurance defense, contracts, family, wills
9. The U.S. Constitution is a living document that should be re-interpreted rather than adhering to the original intent.
10. Our state Constitution permits the display of the Ten Commandments in courtrooms.
11. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers in the Constitution?
The fact that mankind is fallible, fallen from Grace, and subject to temptation. People can be led astray and be self-centered, making decisions that are not for the greater good. The evidence is found in the history of other nations and the actions of other rulers. I believe our Founders understood the need for accountability, and a checks and balance system in order to maintain order, freedom, right, truth, and justice.
12. The more people live by Judeo-Christian values, the less government is needed.
13. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I adhere to Judeo-Christian values. I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, and endeavor to live according to Biblical values. No one is perfect, and all of us have sinned and fallen short, but our God is a forgiving and loving God who will pardon us if we repent. I believe that the Bible is the inspired and inerrant word of God which provides us with guidance and principles by which to live. We are to be compassionate, modeling God’s love so that others may be saved. We are not to sit idly by; rather, we are to participate, using our talents and wisdom to serve others.