1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Stopping the out-of-control spending must become a priority of Congress. Despite $17 trillion of national debt, our elected officials continue to offer million dollar solutions to trillion dollar problems as we lurch from one manufactured crisis to the next. Ultimately, it's our children who will pay the price. In Congress, I will support a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution and defined spending caps to restore fiscal sanity. Repealing Obamacare should be another priority. Obamacare is government at its worst – it's intrusive, expensive and ineffective. It's ironically healthcare that hurts patients. In Congress, I will fight to repeal Obamacare and push for market-based reforms which actually control costs. My experience as a U.S. Attorney forms my belief that accomplishing true immigration reform is not possible or practical without first securing our borders. I will also vigorously oppose rewarding those who have illegally entered this country with amnesty.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Life begins at conception and should be vigorously protected. The only permissible extenuating circumstance would be when another life is at risk - that of the mother.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Voters, Constitution, Congress/Supreme Court
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a Christian. I believe there is only one God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who is the creator of all people and of all things. I believe that Jesus Christ is God’s only Son and will return one day to reign forever. I believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God, the perfect message for mankind and the final authority for all matters of faith. Because of my spiritual beliefs, I place God first in my daily life and try to keep Faith, Hope and Love at the center of all that I say or do. I know as humans we have the freedom of choice to decide what is right and what is wrong, but I look to Him for guidance in deciding what is right and wrong.