1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Belief in an individuals ability to reach their full potential. Distrust of consolidation of power in any one entity, be it a king or government branch.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Energy - Improve and develop our energy opportunities within our county for job growth and independence. Without a good energy plan the increase in energy costs affect the economy and security of the country. Fiscal Responsibility – The country needs reduction of inefficient and ineffective management and procedures in government organizations. Education –Many of the needs of business and industry are not being met by our education system. We spend many resources assisting individuals at the top and the bottom of their class but need to do more for those in the middle.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
The individual woman should decide when her life is in jeopardy or cases of rape or incest.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
The God given rights of the people as outlined in the constitution.
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
Christian – Baptized Lutheran, Confirmed United Church of Christ