1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Self interest, ambition and sin. As Madison said "If men were angels, no government would be necessary."
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Getting our nation's fiscal house in order by fighting against wasteful spending, reducing borrowing and lowering taxes. Ending the entitlement mentality by unleashing the spirit of free enterprise and making our federal policies of taxation, regulation and litigation more business friendly so more jobs can be created and available. Restoring a moral foundation for our country through laws that encourage strong families, educational choice, religious freedom and hard work.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
No - all innocent life should be protected.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress & Supreme Court (equally along with Executive)
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
Strong and active Christian - personally and publically. Every day I strive to live a life that is respectful of the love God has for me. Active member of Trinity Lutheran Missouri Synod Church. Dad who is working hard with mom to raise children in a strong Christian household. As a legislator, I work each day to be a good representative of the people I am elected to represent and even more importantly a strong representative of God. God is the ultimate authority.