1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. Election of judges by the people for a definite term of office is the best way to select judges.
3. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
4. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
5. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
6. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
7. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
8. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
9. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
10. There should be a strict constitutional spending limit for state and local governments that would tie the rate of spending to the rate of population growth plus the rate of inflation.
11. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
12. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
13. Where minor children are involved, divorce laws should be reformed to include mutual consent of both parents and an increased waiting period, unless there is fault or abuse.
14. The Ten Commandments should not be displayed in public school buildings.
15. Religious freedom is our most foundational freedom and deserves added protection in our state and federal constitutions.
16. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The Founders knew that man was sinful and had an appetite for power and control. John Adams, our second president said that the Constitution was for a moral and religious people; it was suitable for none other. George Washington could have been king. Fortunately, he did not seek that control and power over the people. People in general seem to want to have someone ruling over them; just like ancient Israel. The checks and balances were built in to help stop that human thirst for absolute power.
17. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe in hard work, perseverance, and humility. As a West Manheim Township Supervisor, I have to answer to the citizens that I represent, but I also have to answer to God for my decisions and actions. Because I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that He died for me, and that he paid my sin debt in full, I understand that He is the ultimate authority. I ask God for guidance and wisdom on the decisions I make. Making difficult decisions is part of the job; doing the right thing is not always easy or popular but it must be done if it is right. I believe that God has given me the gifts to represent the people of the 169th district. I hope that they agree and I would ask for their vote on May 20th in the Republican primary.