1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Our Founders saw the corruptible nature of man, and the corrupting nature of governmental power, as the main reason to separate powers. Our system of checks and balances is a powerful method to inhibit tyranny and governmental overreach to protect the freedoms of the American people.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1. I believe that we MUST repeal and replace Obamacare with free market alternatives. We need a system that allows people to take control of their healthcare and free up the medical system from excessive regulations and laws. A free market system would lower cost and improve patient care. 2. America has a staggering federal debt. I want to cut spending, but not just by trimming programs - I want to give power back to the states and trim our federal government. This will cut costs and improve efficiency. 3. I am a firm, life-long advocate for the unborn. It is a tragedy that our nation does not protect the life of the unborn, and I will be a vote and voice in Congress for the pro-life movement.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
The only extenuating circumstance I believe justifies consideration of an abortion would be to save the life of the mother.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
1. God 2. Constitution 3. Voters 4. TIE: Congress/Supreme Court/Executive
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I'm a born-again Christian who trusts in the finished work of Jesus Christ.