1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Mankind’s fundamental tendency toward corruption and evil when possessing concentrated and unlimited political power.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
The Right to Life—Life is precious. It is the first of our inalienable rights from our Creator and none of our other rights exist apart from life. Religious Freedom in the Military—Our soldiers should not forfeit their faith or their ability to civilly discuss their beliefs when they put on their military uniform. Energy Security and Affordability—Americans are better off when they can spend their hard-earned money on things or causes of their choice rather than keeping the lights on.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Abortion should be prohibited except in cases where the life of the mother is threatened by the pregnancy.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God Voters Constitution Congress Supreme Court
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a conservative evangelical Christian. I am pro-life (having been endorsed by Kansans for Life), pro-2nd Amendment (having been endorsed by the NRA), and pro-free market (having been endorsed by the Club for Growth). My faith in Jesus Christ drives my decision-making in both my personal life and my life as a Congressman.