1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
(Did not answer)
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
When there is no separation of powers, one branch becomes superior and dictates to the others. This is tyranny our Founding Fathers wanted to avoid.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1. National Security - as a 20 year military veteran I am deeply concerned that we are abandoning our friends and our enemies no longer fear us. Consequentially our our national security is weakened. 2. Jobs and the economy - Under this Administration a few well paying jobs are being created, incomes adjusted for inflation are declining, and the labor participation rate is at a level last seen with the Carter administration. Burdensome regulation and Obamacare are contributing to this dire job environment. 3. Taxation - there is $2 Trillion dollars held by American corporations abroad, moreover a number of American companies are merging with International companies and are moving corporate headquarters overseas to take advantage of a friendlier tax environment.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I am personally against abortion.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God Voters/Citizens Constitution Congress & Supreme Court are equal We have not answered #12 because we do not believe that the founders established a pure democracy, but rather a democracy within a republic.
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I was raised as and am a practicing Catholic.