1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Man's base tendencies to cheat, steal and lie to best his fellow man is likely the underlying cause of why America’s Founders carefully defined, separated, and limited the powers within the Constitution as a much-needed system of checks and balances.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
EDUCATION: Education is a financial investment which will help close the achievement gap & subsequent economic disparities. I am committed to ensuring the educational needs of the students determine class size, services, & programs rather than zip codes & bank accounts of residents. WOMEN & LABOR: It's 2014 and women are still making considerably less than men for equal work: just 77¢ for every $1; and for women of color, that number gets even smaller - Black women @ 63¢ and Latinas @ 54¢ for every $1 earned by a white man doing the same job. We owe it to women & their families to end pay discrimination. SOCIAL JUSTICE: protecting human rights for all people through a justice system which focuses on intervention, prevention, rehabilitation, & true reform. Our juvenile system must support our children through adequate, well-staffed treatment facilities & effective services for them & their families, with detention as a last resort.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances which evolve around life-threatening situations where the mother's or the fetus' life is in peril, in cases where rape or incest is involved, and in cases where the health of the fetus is such that the medical professional has determined the procedure is the most prudent option.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
Constitution, Supreme Court, Congress, Voters
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a Muslimah. I am always uncompromisingly, unwaveringly ME. My beliefs & values are simple: -Treat ALL people with kindness and respect. (You never know what they are going through & how you may affect them.) -Don't judge. -If you want something, work for it; if you didn't work for it, don't expect it to be. -Never make a promise you neither intend nor are equipped to honor. -Don't replace people with things. -Virtue is more important than 'meant to'. -Give more, spend less. -Donate to charity. Help someone without expectations of reciprocity. -Children are not small adults. Teach them, support them, love them. -Relent less, pray more. -Step to the edge, then take another step forward. -Lift another. Compliment others. -Be an example. Mentor a child. -You can't change another person. You can only show them the way. -Make a difference starting TODAY. -Establish your legacy now. Tomorrow is not promised. -The children are watching. -Pray more.