1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
(1) Healthcare - As a world leader in medicine and disease control, The United States has the ability to make healthcare accessible to the masses. Such an endeavor must be done appropriately and within a carefully considered budget. The healthcare provided must preserve the integrity and quality of American medicine. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) must be repealed. (2) Education - Education is essential to the development of society. I am committed to supporting education and providing opportunities for students to find the best placement to fit their needs. (3) States' Rights - While The United States needs to maintain a strong federal government, the federal government should not overpower the individual states' rights and circumvent rights that belong at the state level. The federal government should be serving the states and empowering the states to best serve their respective citizens.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Abortion should be allowed to preserve the life of the mother.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and Savior. As a follower of Christ I am called to love the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind and strength, and to love my neighbor as myself. (Mark 12:30-31). I believe in living as an example of what it means to be a follower of Christ, which is to demonstrate His love for others. I am committed to demonstrating love and acceptance of everyone and every people group, whether we agree on spiritual truths or not. If every person committed to loving their neighbor, whether they agree on political or religious issues, society would naturally resolve many of the problems we currently attempt to resolve through the law.