1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
All humanity is equal in three ways: 1. equal before God, 2. equal before the law, 3. equal in their rights. With this the founders declared that, "No branch or agency of the government should be allowed to operate in violation of the expressed will of the people. Their collective will is set forth in the Constitution and the laws passed by the people's representatives." This was essential to ensure that tyranny and dictatorship would never present itself in American government.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1 - Strengthening the Economy and Jobs We must begin with common ground issues that propel America forward. Republicans, Democrats and Independents must focus on creating and sustaining jobs by emphasizing Small Business, Reducing Regulations and Revitalizing Manufacturing and California Agriculture. 2 - Reform Health Care We need to empower doctors and patients and enhance competition throughout our healthcare sector. One way is to allow insurance to be sold across state lines. This would increase competition among insurance providers and decreases costs for you and me. The key is to make healthcare truly affordable through competition. Most importantly, you must have patient choice! You must have the ability to choose your insurance company, your doctor and your coverage. 3 -Reducing Government Spending Smaller Government, no less government, is needed to bring down the national deficit. We must hold Washington accountable by requiring a Balanced Budget.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I am a pro-life candidate; however, in the event of rape, incest and medical conditions that place the life of the mother at extreme risk, these may warrant extenuating circumstances.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Supreme Court
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
God exists and reigns over the created order as its sovereign Lord and King. He is perfect and infinite in love, power, goodness, holiness, and wisdom. From and for all eternity, He exists in three equal persons simultaneously sharing one divine essence as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God created human beings, male and female, in His own image and designed them for relationship with Him and each other. Mankind broke their covenant with God the Father; making mankind sinners; and Christ Jesus came to live as an example, was persecuted, died on the cross, raised to life in three days, ascended to heaven and is coming again. Through believing in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, I have been redeemed and forgiven.