1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
I believe man has a natural tendency towards the promotion of self first, before community which can lead to corruption.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
-Education Ranking Reform Rate colleges before the 2015 school year based on measures like tuition, graduation rates, debt and earnings of graduates, and the percentage of lower-income students who attend. The ratings would compare colleges against their peer institutions. If the plan can win Congressional approval, the idea is to base federal financial aid to students attending the colleges partly on those rankings -Bring more federal funding per tax dollar to CA! CA is one of the lowest federally funded (per tax dollar) states in the country and yet our state GDP makes us the 8th largest economy in the world! The gap between political perception and fiscal reality is best reflected in the distribution of tax dollars at the state level. -Become Partners in Voting Not just every few years, but every day! I will have voters from my district vote on the bills I am voting on so that we can all be on the same page and keep our government open for business.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
This is not an issue that is of concern for congress. This is an issue for the Supreme Court and perhaps the president who appoints its members. I would also pray that the family unit takes time and responsibility for such an awful and unjust decision upon the gift of human life.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Voters, Constitution, Industry, Congress, Supreme Court, Academia, Media,(Professional Sports not an authority at all)
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I love God. I feel his presence in everything that I see and do. I see his work in laugh of a child to the joy of a parent to the prosperity of a community. I believe we are connected to a higher energy from where our soul is molded. I respect, but I do not believe in having people and their interpretation of a prophet stand in the way of my relationship with God.