1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The Constitution was borne from men who were led by God. Our forefathers knew the human heart, as described in Scripture, "deceitful above all things and desperately wicked". They realized the tempting environment of power, and so wisely devised a Republic, in which the powers are clearly defined, and separated for accountability to each other.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1) Defunding and eventually repealing the Affordable Care Act This government run healthcare system is an attack on our nation's core principles of free market economy, individual freedoms, and the sanctity of innocent human life. 2) Protecting the Second Amendment Our right to bear arms is foundational to law abiding citizens being able to defend themselves against a tyrannical government. Limit/reduce the amount of gun control laws currently on the books, and don't add any more laws limiting our constitutional right to own firearms. 3) No more increases on the Debt Ceiling Live within our means, and don't spend more than we have. My family and I must do this, and the government should also. American families for generations to come will pay for the folly of this Administration's fiscal misdeeds.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Less than 2% of all abortions are for pregnancies stemming from rape or when the mother's life is at risk. Although I believe that every life is valuable, I would be pleased if we could save 98% of all babies currently being aborted, and in this political climate allow abortions in rape & life of mother situations. In our current culture, saving 98 of 100 babies would be a huge success for Life.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a Christian, and my relationship with God impacts every aspect of my life.