1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
People saw government under King George as a one sided affair (it was hardly a pure democracy--why I answered 12 the way I did) where people unfair paid taxes, provided cheap (or indentured) labor for raw material production/harvesting for English markets & markets (e.g.consumers) for finished or process English goods[what China does to us?]. Forced quartering of troops, holding people without the right of habeous corpus and state forced religion were other problems
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1. Defense of the Homeland--without secure borders, we have nothing 2. The ability to pay our debts--need to find programs that create jobs and growth where we can, as that will increase revenues to pay down our debts and to develop technology which gives us a competitive edge and advantage in world marketplace 3. Protection of our fundamental rights, so people can raise their families, secure their homes and communities and have a sense of an America they are willing to defend with their lives
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
While I believe it should be a last option, I am not a woman and I am not some Ihman dictating to women what they have to do and wear. Its the state of the law today to allow it. In many people's mind the contradiction is often ignored. While federal regulation of gun rights is abhorent, federal regulation of a doctor-patient decision-making is ok? If the Bill of Rights means anything, it should be a shield to government intrusion into any personal right which existed at the time of the nation's formation--and abortion (and bearing arms) was(were) such regularly exercised rights at the time of the nation's formation.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
1. "We the people" (whether they vote or now), as they come with or without a faith in a "God" or "god" 2. The people's house (Congress) 3. The constitution & how the Supreme COurt interprets it
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
Born again Christian who tries to observe the major Jewish festivals because Jesus did.