1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The avoid the problem of Imperial rule. Where either charisma or brutality create rule and instead of the combined awareness and participation the people create self rule.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
NSA eavesdropping needs to be stopped. Bulk collection of citizens communications is unconstitutional, a greedy overreach by our intelligence agencies. If we continue to allow this activity, we put the viability of America's tech dominance at risk. (See 4th amendment) Media Shield legislation should be stopped before it becomes law. This legislation is a precursor to journalist being licensed to tell us the truth about our government. (See 1st amendment) Water storage expansion in the Western States, especially California. Drought is upon us and we have not expanded water storage in CA since 1979.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Abortion is a tragedy and should be avoided by all means. The extenuating circumstances involved in an abortion choice should be a discussion within the family, including advice from medical professionals. The government should not be involved.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court, Media, Academia,
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a Confirmed Catholic and graduate of California Lutheran University.