1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Over-regulation – killing jobs and hurting the economy; intend to address by supporting bills such as the REINS Act, and investigating and exposing regulatory abuse that occurs within the district. Flood insurance rate hikes – new FEMA maps are a significant factor in flood insurance rates rising as much as 300-1,000% on homeowners who followed the law and built according to code, which will throw many residents out of their homes entirely. Congress helped to cause this insurance “meltdown” over the past 45 years and needs to transition these responsibilities back to the states, local jurisdictions and the private sector. Gun rights – a big push in Congress is to regulate sales between private citizens, which infringes on the Second Amendment and would create a de facto gun owner registration list. Will vigorously oppose any such scheme and urge my colleagues to do the same.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
No, and most arguments in support of abortion under "extenuating circumstances" are red herrings.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Voters, Constitution, Congress, Supreme Court. The others, while they may influence authority, are not themselves a source.
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
Faith in God, love of family, dedication to community and country.