1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1) As government grows, individual freedoms shrink. We must change the direction America is headed, to limit the size and power of the federal government while increasing economic and religious freedoms of the people. 2) Debt. As our second president John Adams stated "there are two ways to enslave a people. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." Washington is living far beyond its means and passing to the next generation the debt generated by excessive spending today. We House Republicans have passed legislation cutting $20 trillion in spending - almost all blocked in the Democratically-controlled Senate. 3)We must defund, delay, repeal and replace ObamaCare.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I am the proud parent of adoptive boys. We have a family only because two women in difficult situations chose life. I am 100% pro-life. The only exceptions can be rape, incest and life of the mother.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, the people, the Constitution, Congress and the Supreme Court - in that order.
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
As a Christian I live my life by Luke 10:27 and work hard to instill in my children: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself."