1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1.) We must eliminate Baseline budgeting and Continuing resolutions that include raising the debt limit. These make real cuts almost impossible. Spending can be reduced if we get serious 2007 Budget was $2.4 Trillion. What have we gotten as a nation for the added $1.4 Trillion that was aded to the spending?--Nothing--Start with a Freeze then get real cuts. 2.) Obamacare must be eliminated completely. Every word in the law repealed. We must get government out of our health care. 3.)Military readiness and strength is essential to keep America safe. We have a better chance of being left alone if we are NOT the skinny guy on the beach. Peace through Strength is the best deterrent. Never let our Veterans get shortchanged. Illegal immigration is a huge issue and we should close our border tightly. Bring our Military men to our own border rather than Afghanistan's border.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Only in cases of Rape, incest and the life of the mother. **** BUT having said that, after a period of viability, the baby can be safely removed and with today's medicine, both the mother and the baby can be saved. Every effort should be made to save the lives of both the mother and the child.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a Catholic and My wife is Baptist. We both believe in the same God regardless of the church. We have been married for 32 years with 2 great children. We spent the last 30 years putting our faith in our government to do the right thing but our Representatives have let us all down. Now it is the time to stand up for our sovereignty and individual liberty. I believe that we are born free and taxed to death. Government should be the protector of our freedoms and our rights. Our rights do NOT come from Government. We have natural rights that come from God, not government. These natural rights are what our county and our founding was based upon. I believe in the family unit as the best way to a civil society. Smaller government equals increased liberty and freedom, individual responsibility and private property as laid out in our Constitution. God Bless America