1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1. The NSA's ability to spy on American citizens without a warrant. In my opinion, it is unconstitutional to spy on American citizens under any circumstances without probable cause and without a warrant. To whittle away at one of the Amendments, in the Bill of Rights, is dangerous and could easily erode the strength of the other amendments, thus jeopardizing our Liberties. 2. The raising of the Debt Ceiling. Every year, both the House and Senate continue to pass this legislation to borrow about $1 trllion to pay for entitlements rather than cutting entitlements or other programs that can curtail the debt. 3. Obamacare is an unconstitutional and unfair federal mandate on states, business and individuals; and it will force states to raise taxes to pay for it.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Yes. When the life of the mother is in jeopardy.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, The Constitution, Supreme Court, Voters, Congress, Academia.
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
Faith is very important to me. I find strength and courage from my daily prayers. God is especially present in our everyday lives, in the way that we live. Our moral obligations, or moral compass, comes from God, and it is through this that manmade laws are written to help us understand what will happen should we violate these higher laws. This is why I am such an advocate for life because to protect life is essential in the way that we honor God.