1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
Parents, not government.
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
While this is not a federal issue per the Tenth Amendment, I would say the line should be when it threatens the life of either the mother or the child.
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, voters, constitution, congress, supreme court
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
First, it was the need to survive independently of government. Then it became the need to resist tyranical government that came to skim off the top for its own interests that had nothing to do with the safety, security or general welfare of the colonies.
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
Freelance writer/paralegal Lab Technician Justice of the Peace Chair, Libertarian Party of Connecticut
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
Libertarian Party of Connecticut
17. Please list the six (6) most important endorsements you have received from groups or individuals.
Libertarian Party of Connecticut Fmr. Sen. Mike Gravel ('08 election)